July 13, 2011

Bacon and Apple Breakfast Burritos

Today I made some delicious and easy breakfast burritos using bacon and apples as the main ingredients.  They were very tasty.  The salt from the bacon really complimented the apple's sweetness.

I used:
  • 5 strips organic bacon
  • 8 eggs
  • 3 slices of cheese diced
  • 1 apple diced
  • 1 small scallion diced
  • tortillas
Cook bacon on grill or on stove.  While that is going saute scallion for 5-8 mins with small amount of water in a large pot.  Take pot off heat and mix in eggs, diced cheese and diced apple.  Put back on burner on medium heat until egg is fully cooked.  Prepare tortilla and add 1-2 strips bacon and a spoonful of egg mixture.  Fold tortilla and enjoy.

 I really like using apples in my cooking these days, I've been adding it to my grilled cheese and now to my burritos.  I really liked this dish and it was easy to make.  It took less than 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...